New Jersey Dance Theatre Ensemble (NJDTE), a renowned pre-professional dance company, seeks enthusiastic and insightful interns in a variety of positions. NJDTE recently opened a new state-of-the-art, 8,800 square-foot facility in downtown Summit, NJ. With the Ensemble’s move to its new community and expanded programming and events for the 2016-17 season, an internship with NJDTE is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience during a critical time of growth for a non-profit arts organization.
Internship positions are unpaid; however, interns with prior dance experience are invited to attend weekly technique classes at the discretion of Artistic Director Nancy Turano, and NJDTE will work with colleges and universities to provide interns with academic credit.
Internship positions are available in the following areas:
- Graphic Design & Photography
- Film & Digital Media
- Costume Design
- Development/Fundraising & Special Events
- Marketing, Communications & Public Relations
- Knowledge of or interest in dance
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities based upon importance
- Creative and critical thinker
- Highly organized with an attention to detail
- Motivated and positive professional demeanor and attitude
- Commitment: 10-20 hours per week
To apply, please submit your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest in an internship at New Jersey Dance Theatre Ensemble to Corey Bliss, Marketing Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone inquiries. Indicate the internship program for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. All candidates will be notified within five business days of receipt of their application.