2020-2021 NJDTE COVID-19 POLICIES & PROCEDURES
The following precautions and policies are constantly amended based upon updated guidance from the CDC, ACA, and state Health Departments. Some information may change over time as recommendations/guidance change or are updated.
NJDTE will be following guidelines as recommended by the CDC, ACA, and the Government in order to run programs in a safe and secure manner. In all circumstances NJDTE will take every care to ensure the safety of participants. NJDTE will be adapting all classes to meet protocol to ensure that dancers can safely participate in the programs with no direct contact. Please find below some further information on how NJDTE will move forward with live programming. At home Zoom classes will be available for each session.
This information represents our policies as of 9/3/20. Please read all sections of the new NJDTE COVID Policies and contact email@example.com for more information.
- Drop Off/Pickup: Faculty, Staff, and Dancers must arrive/be dropped off at the back garden entrance.
- Parents are currently prohibited from entering the building. Parents of younger dancers may enter the garden with your dancer and walk them up to the door.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes prior to the class start time. Dancers who arrive early will be permitted to wait outside in the garden.
- Carpooling with other dancers is not recommended.
- Masks: Are required for Faculty, Staff, and Dancers all times in the building and during class. Please bring a second mask to wear after dance.
- Attire: Dancers must arrive to NJDTE studios fully dressed and prepared to take class. Dancers are not permitted to use the Dressing Rooms.
- Temperature: Upon entry, faculty, staff, and dancers will be signed in and temperature checked by an NJDTE Associate with a point and click contactless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees will be sent home.
- Belongings: Once checked in by NJDTE Staff, dancers will store their dance bags in marked spaces as designated by the staff. Water bottles and pointe shoes are permitted in the studios.
- Medical Bag: Bring a clearly marked medical bag if required (ex. EpiPen/Inhaler).
- After Class: Dancers must leave the building through the back entrance once their classes are over.
- Do not show up if you are experiencing symptoms (i.e. cough, fever, body aches, breathing difficulties, extreme fatigue).
MOVEMENT THROUGH THE BUILDING:
- Breaks: There are 5 minute breaks in between classes to allow for transition in classes and ability to wash hands. Dancers are encouraged to go to the restroom before arriving to NJDTE Studios.
- Sunday Ensemble Lunch: Dancers must stay in their 3 assigned rooms when eating lunch and be socially distanced as they have no mask.
- Water Breaks: Please be attentive to 6 feet apart when taking a water break in the hallway with mask off. The 6 foot rule is the same in hallway as in the studio.
- Hallway Traffic: Dancers must stay to the right side of the hallway and social distance.
- Dressing Rooms: Dancers do not have access to the dressing rooms.
- Designated Restrooms: Dancers will use the restroom designated by the Studio number.
- NJDTE Faculty & Staff are using the restroom closest to the Dressing Rooms.
- Before exiting restroom, wash your hands with soapy water.
- Signage: Protocol signage has been placed on all building areas.
- Shield Guards: Plastic shield guards have been installed at the front desk.
- When exiting from the studios, refrain from wandering and removing your mask fully.
- Water fountains are not be open for use.
- Any dancer who feels ill or is experiencing symptoms is encouraged to stay home.
- Parents must email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify NJDTE Staff that a dancer will not be attending class that day. Zoom are available to dancers for each class; dancers will be able to take the class or observe virtually at home by Zoom.
- If a dancer exhibits signs of illness during class, an NJDTE Staff member will call the dancer’s parent to be picked up.
- It is our expectation that you will notify us if any member of your household tests positive for COVID-19. If a family member has been diagnosed with COVID-19, self-quarantine for 14 days before attending classes.
- In the event that there is a COVID-19 diagnosis or contact during the NJDTE School Year, NJDTE will maintain the confidentiality of the individual at all times while mitigating the situation. We will follow the guidelines set by the Department of Health for contact tracing.
- Hand Sanitizer: Available in all studios for dancers and teachers at all times.
- Dancer Limit: NJDTE has limited the number of dancers per studio.
- Disinfecting: NJDTE studios and high-touch areas throughout the building are sanitized with Lysol Wipes and Disinfectant Spray at the beginning and end of each day.
- AUV-C Light Wand is also used to disinfect surfaces, doors, and barres regularly.
- Physical Contact: Dancers must not engage in physical contact such as high fives with one another. Faculty will not provide tactile touch or feedback.
- Hand Washing Required: Dancers must wash their hands often with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds: before class and between classes. If you have to cough/sneeze, do so into your arm and excuse yourself from class to wash your hands.
Please contact Barbara Carocci at email@example.com with any questions or concerns you may have.