2021-2022 NJDTE COVID-19 POLICIES & PROCEDURES
The following precautions and policies are constantly amended based upon updated guidance from the CDC, ACA, and state Health Departments. Some information may change over time as recommendations/guidance change or are updated.
NJDTE will be following guidelines as recommended by the CDC, ACA, and the Government in order to run programs in a safe and secure manner. In all circumstances NJDTE will take every care to ensure the safety of participants. NJDTE will be adapting all classes to meet protocol to ensure that dancers can safely participate in the programs with no direct contact. Please find below some further information on how NJDTE will move forward with live programming. At home Zoom classes will be available for each session.
This information represents our policies as of 9/13/21. Please read all sections of the new NJDTE COVID Policies and contact email@example.com for more information.
- Drop Off/Pickup: Faculty, Staff, and Dancers must arrive at the front entrance. a. Parents are currently prohibited from entering the building. Parents of younger dancers ages 4-7 may enter the front of the building briefly to drop off their dancer and should arrive 5 minutes before the end of the class, picking them up at the door.
- Masks: Are required for Faculty, Staff, and Dancers all times in the building and during class and rehearsals. Please bring a second mask to wear after dance. Be sure to wash your masks. Any Parent entering the building must wear a mask.
- Attire: Dancers must arrive to NJDTE studios fully dressed and prepared to take class.
- Belongings: Once checked in by NJDTE Staff, dancers will store their dance bags in designated studios or dressing areas. Water bottles and pointe shoes are permitted in the studios.
- Medical Bag: Bring a clearly marked medical bag if required (ex. EpiPen/Inhaler) and please advise staff at front desk of any details in reference to the dancer’s medical needs.
- After Class: Dancers must leave the building through the front entrance once their classes are over.
- Symptoms: Do not show up if you are experiencing symptoms (i.e. cough, fever, body aches, breathing difficulties, extreme fatigue) or any COVID-19 related symptoms.
- Quarantine: If a student is quarantined from their school or other activity, NJDTE must be notified, and the dancer should quarantine up to 14 days. Please contact our front desk immediately so we are aware and can advise any other student that may have been in contact with them.
NJDTE BUILDING REGULATIONS:
- Breaks: The faculty provides breaks during classes so dancers have the ability to get a drink or wash their hands. Dancers are encouraged to go to the restroom before arriving to NJDTE Studios.
- Sunday Ensemble Lunch: Dancers should stay in their assigned rooms when eating lunch and be socially distanced as they have no mask.
- Water Breaks: Please maintain 6 feet distance when taking a water break in the hallway with mask off. The 6 foot rule is the same in hallway as in the studio.
- Hallway Traffic: Dancers must stay to the right side of the hallway when changing classes and social distance.
- Designated Restrooms: Dancers will use the restroom designated by the Studio number.
- NJDTE Faculty & Staff are using the restroom closest to the back Dressing Rooms.
- Before exiting restroom, wash your hands with soapy water.
- Signage: Protocol signage has been placed on all building areas.
- Shield Guards: Plastic shield guards have been installed at the front desk.
- Dancer with Symptoms: Any dancer who feels ill or is experiencing symptoms is encouraged to stay home.
- Parents must email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify NJDTE Staff that a dancer will not be attending class that day. Zoom will be provided for those dancers for each class; dancers will be able to take the class or observe virtually at home by Zoom.
- If a dancer exhibits signs of illness during class, an NJDTE Staff member will call the dancer’s parent to be picked up.
- Family Member with COVID-19: It is our expectation that parents will notify NJDTE immediately if any member of your household tests positive for COVID-19. If a family member has been diagnosed with COVID-19, self-quarantine for 14 days before attending classes.
- Confidentiality: In the event that there is a COVID-19 diagnosis or contact during the NJDTE School Year, NJDTE will maintain the confidentiality of the individual at all times while mitigating the situation. We will follow the guidelines set by the Department of Health for contact tracing.
- Hand Sanitizer: Available in all studios for dancers and teachers at all times.
- Dancer Limit: NJDTE has limited the number of dancers per studio.
- Disinfecting: NJDTE studios and high-touch areas throughout the building are sanitized with Lysol Wipes and Disinfectant Spray at the beginning and end of each day.
- AUV-C Light Wand is also used to disinfect surfaces, doors, and barres regularly.
- Physical Contact: Dancers must not engage in physical contact such as high fives with one another. Faculty will not provide tactile touch or feedback.
- Hand Washing Required: Dancers must wash their hands often with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds: before class and between classes. If you have to cough/sneeze, do so into your arm and excuse yourself from class to wash your hands.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns you may have.